What is Rooted?
Rooted is a 10 week group experience to help you grow closer to one another and grow in your spiritual walk. Through Rooted, you will connect with God, with others, and with your mission. You will learn what it means to be a disciple of Jesus, built on 7 foundational discipleship rhythms: Daily Devotion, Prayer, Freedom from Strongholds, Service, Sacrificial Generosity, Sharing your Story, and Celebration.
Rooted is a catalyst for life change where discussion is held in a group environment, creating a safe space for Biblical exploration and practical learning experiences. The Rooted curriculum is designed to help participants learn Biblical principles, improve prayer life, serve others and understand their purpose.
7 DISCIPLESHIP RHYTHMS
- Daily Devotions: A daily rhythm of reading, meditating and applying God’ word to our lives.
- Prayer: Engaging God in conversation, sharing our hearts with Him, and listening to His voice.
- Freedom From Strongholds: Awareness of God’s presence and power in our lives in order to overcome what keeps us from Him.
- Service to the Community: Service impacts those around us and reveals God’s glory.
- Sacrificial Generosity: This demonstrates our dependence on God.
- Sharing Your Story: When we tell our story, we tell the story of God working in us.
- Celebration: Setting time aside to remember what God has done.
Our Next Rooted session will begin in the Winter of 2023. More details to come. Contact Jake Purtlebaugh with any questions.
Things to Know:
- We host rooted sessions multiple times a year. If you’re interested in taking the next steps to be part of a rooted group, read through below. As always, if you know you are going to miss more than 2 weeks, we strongly encourage you to wait and attend a future session of Rooted
- Rooted registration can be completed online or at the church 4-6 weeks before each Rooted session begins.
- Rooted is designed to take participants deeper in their walk with God and as a bonus, create bonds with those in the group and possibly form future Small Groups and strengthen existing Small Groups.
- If you currently attend a Small Group and are interested in participating in Rooted, we ask that you discuss with your leader/group about participating in Rooted as a group before joining on your own.
- A facilitator who has already participated in Rooted will lead each group during the 10-week study. Sign-ups will be limited for each Rooted session, but keep in mind that future Rooted sessions will be offered.
- Rooted registration fee is $25 per person, which covers the Participant Workbook, Provided Materials, the Celebration Dinner, etc. If you are attending with your spouse, please register 2 people.
- The Children’s Ministry will offer Sunday evening kids programing, “Kingdom Kids” for half of the weeks. Childcare will be provided at $25 total per family for the weeks without “Kingdom Kids”.