Thank you for registering for Child Dedication! In the midst of all that is changing in your home with the arrival of a new child, we invite you to take a moment to focus on what really matters most. No one will have more influence on your child than YOU!
We believe that what happens at home is more important that what happens at church; it is our hope to partner with you from the very beginning. We want to be your biggest fans, your strongest supporters, and your trusted guides as you train your child to know what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Child Dedication is more than an event. It’s an opportunity for you to take some time at the beginning of your journey as this child’s parent to really think about what will matter the most in the life of your child; to really talk together and decide what you will value and what you can do today that will have the greatest impact on your child’s future.
Here are your next steps. We would like you to complete these with your spouse.
- Watch Videos & complete homework.
- Invite family & friends to the family celebration, Saturday September 17th at 10:00-11:00am in the Connect Center. A table(s) will be reserved for you. RSVP with your final number (suggest 6-10 people) by September 9, 2022. Either call the church office 317-878-4670 or email email@example.com
- Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. (1-2 child pics, 1-2 family pics, 3-4 candid “real parenting moments” pics)
- Attend the family celebration, Saturday September 17th at 10:00-11:00am in theConnect Center. There will be snacks, music, a short message, time for your family to pray and share your homework, and a chance to take lots of pictures to mark this special moment in time. We want you to create an unforgettable memory of the promise you’ve made to lead your child in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ with the people who are there to pray for you and support you as you raise this child.
- Attend worship services on Saturday September 18, 2022. We will have a dedication moment at the end of the 9:45 service and at the beginning of the 11:00 service. Please attend both. This is our church family’s opportunity to commit to encourage and come alongside you as you raise your children in faith. Further instructions will be given during the family celebration on Saturday September 17th.
Thank you for committing to raise your children in the training and instruction of the Lord! This is an important milestone for your family, and we’re honored to be a part of this big moment with your family.
If you have any questions, please contact Meredith Proctor, email@example.com
Child Dedication Frequently Asked Questions
Before the celebration . . .
How much does Child Dedication cost?
There is no cost to participate in Child Dedication.
How many people can I invite?
We will reserve a table with 7 chairs for your family; however, additional seating is available upon request.
What do I need to do between now and the day of the celebration?
Invite your friends and family. You will also need to watch two short videos in preparation for the event. These videos contain homework challenges to be shared on celebration day. You will be emailed a link to these videos as well.
What do I need to bring with me?
Besides your friends, family, and child (don’t forget them at home!), please bring a printed copy of the “homework”—the letter to your child. If you don’t mind sharing its contents with your guests, we suggest bringing a copy for everyone.
The day of the celebration . . .
What time should we arrive?
Doors open at 9:30am.
What should we wear?
Whatever you and your little one will feel most comfortable in! Some people dress casually in jeans, while others wear more professional attire.
Is this an infant baptism?
No. We believe that a child must be old enough to understand what it means to put their faith in Jesus Christ before they can be baptized. This event is an opportunity for you as parents to publicly declare that you want to raise your child to develop their own relationship with Jesus Christ.
I can barely get my child to sit still long enough to get them dressed. How will they survive the entire celebration day event?
Your child will make noise during the celebration day event. But that’s okay, because so will everyone else’s!
Will there be a photographer?
We will have a photography vignette set up for family photos. Please bring your own camera, and we will furnish a staff member or volunteer to take your picture.
What can I expect on the day of the celebration?
The event should last no more than 45 minutes. The production will include a welcome and a short message. During this time, you will have an opportunity to share your homework. You will also be led in a prayer of dedication before being dismissed.